- Round Trip Flights Ft. Lauderdale-San Jose.Other departure cities available. Click on date of departure for selection and prices.
- Airline fuel surcharges
- 6 nights accommodations at the following hotels
- Don't Want to drive? No Problem We can add transfers Just Call Us!
- Included In this package is Access to Cerro Chato National Park. You can take a relaxing stroll admiring the colorful local birds or a challenging self-guided hike to the Green Lagoon at the top of Cerro Chato. The trails also lead to the wildlife and rainforest preserve within the property.
- For added Value at Hotel Punta Leona in Costa Rica, you to have the opportunity to learn about our beautiful and fascinating flora and fauna by participating in the guided walks daily (except Tuesdays) that are included in this package!
- Early Bird Walk: Departure time: 6:15 AM (Duration: approx. 2½ hours) Enjoy the exciting experience of an early morning walk through Tropical Forest. You will see and learn about some of the beautiful, exotic birds of the area. Our reserve has five special birding locations. Each one is visited during a five day cycle of morning walks. The areas are: Limoncito Beach road, Pipra Trail, Paso de Los Monos Trail, Los Cusingos road and the Insect Observatory site.
- Natural History Walk: Departure time: 10:00 AM (Duration aprox. 2 hours) This easy walk will introduce you to the world of nature that we left a long time ago. With the help of our guide, you will learn about the botany, animals and insects found in the area.
- Night Walk: Departure time: 7:30 PM (Duration: approx. 1½ hours) Night time provides an exciting opportunity to view the interaction between a wide variety of the flora and fauna found in tropical rainforests. There is a large number of nocturnal amphibians, reptiles and mammals such as owls, pauraques, bats and kinajous that can be observed. Also, fragrances of flowers such as the pithaya cactus flower and insects can be very prevalent at night. This walk on the trails of Punta Leona’s Reserve lasts approximately 2 hours. The objective is to learn about and experience nature from a perspective that incorporates all senses.
- This package comes with an automatic car. If you purchase a vehicle please note you are responsible for gas and car insurance. Car insurance is mandatory. A deposit of $1000 will be held on your credit card for the duration of renting the vehicle. This hold will be lifted once your rental car is returned without any damage. Transfers are also available at additional costs. Costa Rica also requires a departure tax of $29 per person paid directly at the airline counter before you depart for your trip home. For information about passport requirements for Costa Rica please contact the Bureau of Consular Affairs.If you book online please note that there are many upgrades available and the price you see is to upgrade for all the people on the reservation not per person!.